Date to be announced.
At these present-day rapid changes in technology and communication, it is almost impossible to do business without a website. Having a business presence on the internet is a must. Unfortunately developing a static website is expensive and it puts you at the mercy of a web master for any upgrades and/or revisions.
But as website design continues to develop there are now other options than having to use a static site. Dynamic website design is now available.
Consider the facts:
- Dynamic websites use a database to store information.
- There is only one template to set-up for the entire site.
- Dynamic websites do not require the assistance of a webmaster. If you can use a word processor, you can maintain the website yourself.
- Because you are using a database, you can add additional functions to your website (such as a blog, store, calendar and/or photo gallery.) There are practically no limits to what you can create.
- Dynamic websites are easy to update. You can create new menus and pages in just a few minutes. And you can do it yourself!
iCareConsulting is offering a one day workshop on how to build a dynamic website.
This one day workshop includes the following components:
- Domain name registration (one year)
- Database and server set-up
- Basic template (so your website will be visible immediately)
- One year web hosting ($120 + HST after)
- Installation of two modules (such as calendar, blog or photo gallery). Please inquire about module availability.
- Data transfer 5 gig per month
- Storage 1 Gig
- Two hours of free technical support (online via email or Skype)
The total cost of this Dynamic Website Design Workshop is $200.00 for a full day of training. At the end of the workshop, you will be guaranteed of having a fully functioning Dynamic website and two hours of free technical support available online via email or Skype (to be used if needed at a later date). All you need to bring to this one day workshop is the information you want to display on your website (such as text, pictures or video clips).
Space is limited so register now. There will be computers available, but if you prefer to use your own laptop, please bring it with you. Remember to have all information (text and pictures) ready for the workshop on your computer or a memory stick. Useable picture formats are gif, jpeg and png. Please try to resize all photos to a 600 X 400 display 72 dpi.